Today we are gonna learn how to make a "Joy" fold...
What you need:
- One 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" cardstock
- One 3" x 8" cardstock
- Two 2 3/4" x 4" pattern paper
- One 4" x 5 1/4" pattern paper
- Scoring tool
Step 1: Score 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" cardstock at 5 1/2"
Step 2: Score your 3" x 8" cardstock at 4"
Step 3: Glue the 4" x 5 1/4" piece of pattern paper on the inside flap of the card
Step 4: Glue one of the 2 3/4" x 4" piece of pattern paper to the card front
Step 5: Glue the other 2 3/4" x 4" piece of pattern paper to the outside of your smaller folded cardstock piece
Step 6: Add glue to the back of your smaller flap and tape it to the inside of the card. Make sure the fold of the smaller flap is pointing to the right.
Step 7: If you want to secure the flap on the front,use an embellishment ( here I used a die cut from my Cricut) and fasten it with dimensionals. Slightly tuck the bottom left edge of the small flap to keep it closed.
Here is the finished card!!!!
I used the Sweetheart Cricut Cart for the word Love (3") and the small heart (1.5", I did the top layer and blackout features for the heart)in the corner to hold down my front flap. I traced the top layer with red stickles. Hope you like it!
This is my ultimate favorite card fold to give friends and family. I also made these for my sister as thank you favors for her teacher's luncheon at church. They were a huge hit!
Easel cards are sooo easy and make a great gift!
You need: 1 (5x10) solid paper
1(5x5) solid paper
1(5x5) pattern paper
- Score (5x10) cardstock at 2 1/2" and 5" (fold as above)
- Adhere (5x5) solid paper to 2 1/2 front side
- Adhere (5x5) pattern paper to bottom (5x5) section of base
- Decorate front of your card
- Add a strip of card stock (1x5) to base with pop dots to hold up your front side of card (making your easel)
- Embellish the bottom the base of your card. I used a simple heart with some red stickles.