A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Easy Peezy Picture Frames

Hello to all our Divalicious Followers and Divalicious New Friends!!!

Welcome to another Thursday Post her at the Mansion.  Today I am sharing an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to dress up a picture frame for an easy peezy holiday decoration.

With Halloween soon approaching, I have a lot of planning to do for the upcoming party.  It will be a mixture of Adults and Children, so I want some "spooky" and some "friendly ghost-type" decorations.  Of course, I have plenty of store bought ones, but a Paper Crafter's Party would never be the same without some Handmade Goodness, right?!?!?
I gathered all the supplies I would need :
Frames (amount and size is up to you)
Designer paper (cut at 3 3/4" x 3 3/4")-this size will vary dependent on your frame size of course
ClipArt images (skulls, ghosts, Happy Halloween, pumpkins)
Pop dots
Sizzix and embossing folder (I chose a swirl pattern)
Assortment of Ribbon
Scissors
Other Embellishments (as desired)
So, I started with a set of small picture frames I picked up (very cheap at Target) that came in black, purple, and pink.  I only used the Purple and Black (I may still add the other one, if I can spray paint a coat of black or orange on it).

I cut the patterned paper to fit inside.   Then I embossed the small squares (black and white circle print paper) using my Darice-swirl folder. 

I then fussy cut around the spooky images (I chose the skull and HH images, but am keeping the ghosts for later...mu ah ah ah).  I then applied a few small pop dots to the back of the images to give them a bit a dimension inside the frame. 
 I added a bow on each corner of each frame, choosing an opposite color for some extra ummmph!

This project literally only took about 15 minutes to complete.  Very simple, but a great party table decoration, I think.  Thanks for stopping by the Mansion....

And, don't forget to join in on the Monthly challenges ending tomorrow:
Michelle Sanchez, our September GDT Diva, is hosting the 3D Holiday Projects Challenge HERE! 

and
DT Diva Pammie Kay, is hosting the Black, White, and READ all over Challenge HERE!

We are so happy to have you joining us, and be sure to stop back each day for tips, ideas, and inspiration that is OFF THE CHARTS!!

5 comments:

Candy said...

Fabulous frames. Thanks for the tutorial.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Michelle Sanchez said...

Those are so cute! And Easy peezy too! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica Buffa said...

Thank you Thank You!!

Nancy said...

Thank you, Jessica! :o)

bless her heart said...

Such a great idea Jessica! Can't wait to make some too!
TFS ~
Stephanie