A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Technique Tuesday

Quick tip for today:

Buy white lace/trim and use your paint and Glimmer mists to creat your own custom colored trim to match your project! Many retailers are now selling white ribbons and trims precisely for this reason, and it has made for easy embellishing on several of my projects. For example -

the Halloween card I made for World Cardmaking Day - I needed a gray/black lace but all I had was white, so I used my Black Magic Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels and after a few quick sprays, I had the perfect shade with a shimmer of glimmer. Hope you'll find this tip useful!














~ Happy Crafting

Stephanie

6 comments:

Karenladd said...

Love this tip! I need to start remembering that I can color my ribbons and trims with ink, mist and even paint. Your card is so great looking with that colored lace!

Nancy said...

Great tip Stephanie! I love the shade of gray that your lace has on the card! So many of the new collections out have just that color in them. So now I need to get some Glimmer Mist I guess! lol...Nancy :o)

Lynne said...

Great Tip!!!! thanks for sharing!!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Yes, I love this tip. I just did it for a white lace I used to finish up the inside of an old suitcase. I'll put the link here: http://lettersandlace.blogspot.com/2011/08/refinishing-old-hard-suitcase.html
if anyone wants to see. Thanks Stephanie. Lisa

Nancy said...

Thanks Lisa...I'll check it out! :o)

bless her heart said...

So glad you found it helpful Lisa! And thanks for adding your link - I'm off to check it out now!