A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

N~O~E~L banner/swag Tutorial (re-post)

This is a favorite project of mine, that I am sharing again for anyone who may have missed it back in July!!!

I love Christmas for a lot of reasons, but just to name a few: snow angels, caroling, cute and fuzzy reindeer, kids opening gifts.  Oh, and don't forget the ***jingle bells***.    For my project, I had a stack of paper that I purchased right after Christmas last year and hadn't got to use yet (ooohhh, early present for me, right there...LOL).  The stack is called Harvest Holiday, by Cloud9 and boy oh boy is it nice!  I really like the embossed metallic accents some of the design papers have and the prints are so festive.  My DT theme at the is Home Decor-Gifts, so I decided to make a decorative garland.

The step-by-step pictures/tutorial are below if you are interested in learning more about how I achieved these results.



Step-by-Step and Recipe
Diamonds cut using Classic Font @ 5" (emerald green cs) 

  Wreath and Tree cut using Gingerbread (layer) @ 4 3/4" from Pine Holly Print dp
NOEL cut using Jasmine (Shadow) @ 4 1/2" 

NOEL cut using Jasmine (Shadow blackout) @ 4 1/2"
Wreath and Tree cut using Gingerbread (shadow) @ 4 3/4" from Red Holly Print dp



Affixed all layers together using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

Pine Garland

Decorative Velvet Bows

Placed small hole punch at top of diamonds to affix bows
Fed wire foil through hole to affix bows to the diamonds and the diamonds to the pine garland

 Got out the ***JINGLE BELLS***

 Used a deep red yarn trim to hang the jingle bells from the diamonds

 Affixed with scotch tape

And the garland was ready for it's final photo shoot.

I hope this gets you in the mood to start creating your own Holiday Crafts!!!

Thanks for visiting the Mansion!
Jessica, CSDivas DT

3 comments:

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

So pretty, it reminds me I never made my banner last Christmas..hopefully this year.
I'm about to put the bloghop button on my sidebar but the link, which is the title, isn't working. I will link the button to this main page for now.
Thanks,
Lisa

Nancy said...

So nice to see this again! I love Christmas and all the wonderful projects that pop up this time of year! Thanks, Jessica! :o)

Michelle Sanchez said...

I love how you used the red bows and also the garland instead of twine or ribbon! Very nice!