A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do it yourself embossing mat

I got this great tip from one of my scrapbook groups...

I needed a mat that I could use my embossing gun with and I ran across one I could make.  First I used very heavy/thick chipboard.   This one was the back part of an embellishment pack.
Next take some aluminum foil (I used name brand).  Cut the size of the board plus a little extra for folding.
Then I folding the foil around the cardstock, like I was wrapping a present.  I taped the flaps down on the back side.

Now I have a great embossing board. 
I think the reflective foil helps the powder/gun heat up faster and I don't have to worry about burning my fingers or my table.  I also use a wood skewer/tooth pick to help hold my paper in place so it didn't blow away.  

5 comments:

Robin said...

Great idea! I'm gonna have to try that one:D
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Katie said...

what a great thing to share...thanks...I just made mine...lol...I put the shiny side out...hope it works...thanks for sharing...ktsangels.blogspot.com

Karenladd said...

I made a similar embossing mat, but I used an old clipboard . I love using it...and the clip at the top of the board can hold the paper with the embossed image so I don't have to hold it and the heat gun at the same time!

Karenladd said...

Just don't use a plastic clipboard if you do this, because then it'll start to melt!! I used an old office clipboard (out of some pressed wood material or something)

Luisa said...

Sounds like a great tip Sandy! I don't have a Big Shot or drye embossing machine yet...