A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 2012 Guest DT - Liz Terrazas

Happy New Year Everyone!!  We hope your holidays were filled with lots of love, joy and filled with creativity!!

We are starting off the New Year in a great way here at CSD!!!  We begin the year with our first Guest DT member of 2012!!

Drum roll, please.......................................................

Let's say hello and give a warm CSD Welcome to.......Liz Terrazas!! 

I personally have known her since Junior High and have been blessed to be able to reconnect with her through Facebook!  We both share the love of scrapbooking and cardmaking!!  So please say hello, get to know her and join in on the fun!!




About me...  

Hello Everyone, My name is Liz Terrazas and I am excited and admittedly a little nervous to join you as January's Guest DT member.. I am a 40 yr old woman happily in love with a fabulous man who is my best friend and partner.. I have left my corporate career as I was blessed to be my father's caregiver. He is suffering from advanced Alzheimer's amongst other illnesses and he and my mom live with me so that I can care for them.. I do not have children of my own but am surrounded by loving nieces, nephews and godchildren along with my boyfriends three amazing kids... I have a passion for kreating one of a kind cards for family and friends and am determined to bring back snail mail and the delight happy mail brings to others.. I have been an avid family paparazzi since high school so I've had the fun of kreating several scrapbooks over the years.. My two favorite things are Scrapbooking and Cards.. I look forward to spending this month with you and having some Kreative fun... I have a blog where I add posts of cards or projects to share with family and friends and I'd like to invite you to come and join me so we can get to know each other.. kreateabilities.blogspot.com

How long have you been scrapbooking?  I have been scrapbooking since my senior year in High School (1989) and remember my first book was of me, family and friends from Kindergarden age through Senior year...

What is your scrapbook style? I would describe my scrapbooking style as clean and classic. I pair my pictures in a story manner with embellishments that match my activity. I use die cuts, stamping, paper art and just have fun..

Where do you create your projects? I have a very large area in my bedroom (an office area) that my boyfriend helped design so I have plenty of space for all my tools and fun designing.

What is your favorite scrapbooking tools/colors/techniques? I absolutely love Xyron adhesives.. I use it for cards, scrapbooking etc.. I love using solids with pattern paper for unique pages and use glitz whenever possible As for techniques, I'd say my favorite scrapbooking technique is keeping journaling fun and part of the page.

Where do you find inspiration? I find inspiration from anywhere really.. I can be in a store and see a color combo and think; uhh I need to add that to my scrapbook or use for card ideas.. I also look through magazines for card inspiration.. Usually my scrapbook pages come from tying in the event in the pictures to coordinating page colors and embellishments.

What is favorite scrapbooking tip?  Keep it simple and add as much journaling to really capture the feelings of the day/event..



Hi Everyone, I'm so excited to share with you today.. I'd like to challenge you to create Simple and Elegant Thank You's.. January is here and what better way to start the year than to say Thank you for those special gifts just recieved, or a simple Thank you for your friendship. I've created a Thank you using an 8.5 x 11 sheet (which I cut in half) of Kraft paper and stamped a Thanks using a Lovely Labels stamp from THE CRAFT'S MEOW and the sentiment is from PAPER SMOOCHES Chit Chat set.. After Stamping both in Black, I used a Spellbinder's Labels 18 to cut the image out.. This was all done in 3 easy steps. I added the red ribbon for a splash of color, mounted the die cut image with mounting tape and the card was complete.     








Here's your challenge should you chose to play along. Create a Thank you using die cuts and ribbon for a quick elegant design. Add your card to the linky tool and I will choose a winner on Wednesday evening of January 31st. The announcement will be made on February 1st.   The prize you will be creating for is a roll of my fave Sugar n Spice ribbon.. I will get you a great color for future creations...   Have fun ladies, I can't wait to see what you come up with...   Liz Terrazas Kreateabilities.blogspot.com


Happy Crafting!!!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

14 comments:

Liz Terrazas said...

Thank you Michelle, I look forward to spending a crafty January with all of you..

Michelle Sanchez said...

Love your card Liz! Love the challenge too! Sending thank you cards out are a lost art! Especially when it is handmade and hand written!

Mr. Linky will be added this week for everyone to link up their projects!

Jessica Buffa said...

Liz, it is with great joy that I read your post and am blessed to have met you here in BlogLand! Your cards are wonderful and I look forward to playing along with getting some TY cards completed!!! So happy to have you joining us!!!
:O)
Jessica

Liz Terrazas said...

Thank you Jessica... I am so happy and looking forward to this fabulous month.

Karenladd said...

Hi Liz,
Glad to meet you and looking forward to seeing more of your creations this month. I LOVE making cards, so this is a challenge I'll try to take. We all need to send thank you cards all year round and this is great motivation to get some made!

Liz Terrazas said...

thank you Ladies... I am excited to see your card submissions.. Hand written Thank you's are a must year round..

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Hello Liz, I just bought a Bigkick in the fall and I love it. I had the kids start making thank you's but now I am inspired to go to my bigkick for some help for the rest of them. I have a great selection of ribbon too (I can't help but buy a roll every time I go to my local crafty store) so off I go! Lisa

Luisa said...

Liz, thanks a lot for being our January Guest Designer! Lovely cards you kreate...
I only have a cricut machine, does this count as die cut?

Liz Terrazas said...

absolutely Luisa... Cricut is wonderful.. Just have fun..

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your TY card is elegant and beautiful, Liz. I am going to do this challenge.
Congrats on your GDT spot.
Hugs,
Teresa

Teresa Arsenault said...

Looks like I got mine in just under the wire, Liz.
Thanks for this challenge.
Hugs,
Teresa

Jessica Buffa said...

Got it done!!!

Karenladd said...

Fun challenge and timely too since I had to make 4 thank you cards for Christmas presents!

Golda said...

Well, mine isn't a new project and it uses cord rather than ribbon, so you don't have to count it. Just wanted to show my support for you, Liz!