A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Friday, December 30, 2011

DT Friday with Jessica

I have loved playing with the new Unity Kits I purchased.  They have so many wonderful stamps and the creative ideas are rapidly coursing through my being.    I have loved all of the fab projects I have seen people create using some of the stamps and wanted to put my own little twist on them.

The jar stamp from the December KOM~ Filled with Love (see picture below)  is so versatile.  I have seen it filled with hearts, buttons, and even a city landscape on others' creations.  I thought to myself, "How am I to do something a bit different?"  I quickly thought about when I was younger.  Even now as a mother, I have saved old jars for the kids to catch fireflies and grasshoppers in the summer months.  Well, one of the stamps in the August 2009 KOM~Following My Heart (see picture below) was a dragonfly.  PERFECT!

So I started with my Pearl c'oredinations card stock as my base.  I stamped the dragonfly spontaneously onto the cs and then sanded the front.  I masked some flower dp, that I embossed with a flower embossing folder, onto black card stock.  Then I did the same with my sentiment you make my heart flutter  (also from the  August 2009 KOM~Following My Heart).   I stamped the jar onto a cream cs,  stamped the dragonfly to appear like he was inside the jar, and then painted him in with some Alcohol Inks.  I mounted an empty stamped jar behind the top layer for for extra dimension.  I added glitter to the lid, glossy accents to the jar, and a bit of MME Stella Rose Doiley Lace Ribbon underneath the jar.  I affixed a few roses and a lace paper heart (that I inked up a bit with some TH Antique Linen and misted with my handmade glimmer mist in blue).


I am quite pleased with how it turned out and I can't wait to use this adorable KOM again.  If you are not already a fan of Unity, you may want to check out their fabulous stamps.  They are constantly having sales and their FB page is always buzzing with activity!!!  And to let you know, they don't pay me to say this.  This is truly my honest opinion regarding their products!!!


Here is just one of the current sales HAPPENING NOW:
(copied from the Unity Stamp Company FB page) 

SHIPPING IS EXPENSIVE and the RATES just keep GOING UP, but we are trying VERY HARD to keep our rates down. TYPICALLY they are $6.95 no matter WHAT SIZE of order {USA & Canada} THIS WEEK is the last week you will get shipping for as low as $2.12. - PLUS Check out these ADORABLE Kit of the Month PAST KITS for only....yep, you guessed it! $20.12. There are THREE OF THEM just for this SPECIAL Welcome into the NEW YEAR! Get em' FAST! ♥ CLICK HERE: http://www.unitystampco.com/shop/103-past-kit-of-the-month-only-2012-no-added-discounts-please.aspx


If you like the August 2009 Kit, you may want to head over to the Unity Stamp Co. to order yours today!  It will no longer be available after it is retired on Saturday!!!
If you like the December 2011 Kit, you still have time to get it at $26 + $5 shipping until Saturday by signing up as a KOM member.  After that, it goes back to full price of $45.  

I hope you are enjoying some crafty time and thanks so much for stopping by!!!
Keep on Crafting
:O)
Jessica

No comments: