A Place for Divalicious Inspiration!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sketch for inspiration and time management

Hello Divas,
Happy March ladies.. I hope you Feb was fantastic and you were able to craft and get creative..

I was creating with one of my newest Stamp sets from Unity and thought I'd share with you how I get some ideas and what the benefit is..

I sometimes sketch out my card layout the way I want it to look and then pick a stamp set to put it all together.. This is very helpful for time management especially if you are making several cards for a specific occassion or just to have on hand for those special everyday moments.

Here is the sketch I did for today's post.. PLEASE note I am not a good artist.

Let's get started~ The stamp set used was Dare to Fly by Unity Stamp Co..


I saw this set and loved it for the versatility and flare.. I chose two color themes and got started.. The cards below were done fairly quickly using my Sizzix Circle Framelits for adding my focal image and stamped all in Memento Tuxedo Black. I then took a Q-tip and smudged cherb pink and olive into the birds body..

Take a look~


These cards are my fancy version and below I went Vintage..

Using Distress Ink I shaded the Kraft card base and Circle die for that aged look and managed to color in the bird using Distress Inks also..

Divas, once you have a set design in mind your imagination will do wonders..

Happy Creating..

Liz








3 comments:

Karenladd said...

Oh! This card is just gorgeous! Love the way you gave the bird subtle coloring and used inking around the edge of the circle. So pretty!

Karenladd said...

When I work on a card, I tend to plan as I go...which means it can take a long time as I try this and that! I usually start with the image and then pick my colors. The thing that takes the longest time is finding coordinating colors of cardstock and/or patterned paper. Either way, it's always a fun process!

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

I love the design on the hummingbird. Such a pretty stamp set. Lisa